|4-Kanji Description:||信財成皇 (しんざいせいおう)|
|4-Kanji Translation:||Fidelity Treasure Emperor|
|Series Debut:||Sengoku BASARA 2|
|Playable Debut:||Sengoku BASARA 2 Heroes|
|Games:||Sengoku BASARA 2 (NPC)|
Sengoku BASARA 2 Heroes
Sengoku BASARA Battle Heroes
Sengoku BASARA Chronicle Heroes
|Anime:||Sengoku BASARA Samurai Kings|
"O poor folks, worship this muscle which doesn't even fear the gods!"
Honganji Kennyo is a character featured in Sengoku BASARA 2 Heroes.
Kennyo is depicted as a greedy and fat man. With his religion, he makes profit for himself, not caring about others.
He is also in a religious rivalry with Xavi and Itsuki. Kennyo has a very large love for gold, in Sengoku BASARA 2, when you invade him there are many ways to steal a lot of gold from him.
In Sengoku BASARA 2 Kennyo can also make your men turn on you, by giving your men a lot of gold this gives you a way to get some gold, by killing your men. He shares the same moveset as Shingen.
As of Sengoku BASARA 3, he is confirmed to be dead.
Tokusen Kinnikudama Edit
- 特選筋肉玉 (Specialty: Muscle Ball)
- First Appearance: Sengoku BASARA 2/Sengoku BASARA 2 Heroes
- Description: Kennyo swallows a golden ball, covering his body with gold armor. When the Skill button is pressed again, he bursts away his enemies around him. (In Sengoku Basara 2, he is able to use the burst attack only.)
Yarudousuru Daitaikin Edit
- 躍動する大腿筋 (Dynamic Thigh)
- First Appearance: Sengoku BASARA 2 Heroes
- Description: Kennyo deals a powerful kick that could throw away multiple enemies at once.
Kinniku Tatsumaki Edit
- 筋肉竜巻 (Muscle Tornado)
- First Appearance: Sengoku BASARA Battle Heroes
- Description: Kennyo sits cross-legged on his khakkhara and spins around mid-air. Enemies standing nearby will be hit and bursted away.
Historical informationEditHongan-ji Kennyo 本願寺顕如, February 20, 1543 - December 27, 1592
Hongan-ji Kennyo, or Kennyo Kousa, was a son of Ikko-Ikki Sect leader and inherited his father’s post of the Ishiyama Hongan-ji (Hongan-ji temple) head along with Kaga Province. He became the 11th head of the Sect. Since the rise of Nobunaga, he joined the coalition of Takeda, Kenshin, Azai and Mouri against Nobunaga. But his allies were defeated one by one. Hongan-ji temple was in the siege for ten years – the longest siege in Japanese history. In 1580 Kousa surrendered under pressure from Imperial Court. Reconstruction of the temple began 11 years later with the kind permission of Hideyoshi. Honganji was 49 years old when he died in 1592.
How to UnlockEdit
|Game||How to Unlock||Notes|
|Sengoku BASARA 2||Unplayed||-|
|Sengoku BASARA 2 Heroes||Unlocked by Default||-|
|Sengoku BASARA Battle Heroes||Clear the game with Kenshin||-|
|Sengoku BASARA Chronicle Heroes||Clear the game with Kenshin||Unlocked by Default with Battle Heroes Save Data|