Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi is the expansion to Sengoku BASARA 4, released summer 2015 on both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 consoles.
It also has an on-going semi-active translation in developement for the PS3 (and eventually PS4) by user MikoM and his Basara Translation Team. You can view the video on it here
In addition to the cast from the main title, the following have been confirmed playable, bringing the overall roster to 40.
- As with before, Production I.G. returns to animate more cutscenes, as well as the opening sequence. There are confirmed to be more anime routes this time around than in Sengoku BASARA 4, though not all characters will have them.
- Save data from Sengoku BASARA 4 can be transferred over. Completed stories, character levels, weapons, play books, and costumes will be preserved. Stages in free mode, fugitive bingo, and unlocked difficulty levels will also carry over. Consumables such as unspent money and unused EXP, however, will be converted into Tenka Medals. The game will also give item rewards to players simply for having a prior save.
- The level cap has been increased to 999.
- There will be 32 new stories.
- Previous limits on weapon parameters (1,500) can now be broken and surpassed to 3,000 with the use of a special inscription.
- Each character can now hold 40 weapons instead of the previous 20.
- A new, higher, difficulty called 'Heaven' has been added to the game, wherein both soldiers and bosses are more powerful and aggressive, healing items appear less frequently, and the foot soldiers take on a different appearance.
- Personal Inscriptions, when purchased, are fused to a low level weapon, and then can be attached to a higher weapon as the player chooses.
- Stages will now have 'roulette camps' or 'roulette troops' which, as the name suggests, activate a roulette. The following outcomes have been observed:
- Transform into a bomb troop. Enemies killed in this form will drop Tenka Medals.
- Transform into Kanetsugu. Enemies killed in this form will drop Tenka Medals.
- Transform Motochika's Akatsukimaru. Enemies killed in this form will drop Tenka Medals.
- Red (天貨,Tenka):
- Enemy Tenka Medal troops appears. These enemies will drop Tenka Medals when killed.
- Special enemy Poem Amago appears. He will drop Tenka Medals every first hit after he emerges from sand.
- Skull (罰天,Punishment)
- Miyamoto Musashi appears. Drops Tenka Medals when defeated.
- Bomb rains. Enemies killed while this effect is active will drop Tenka medals.
- Player character is hit on the head and angels will retrieve his/her soul. Analog stick prompt appears. Successfully performing the analog prompt will reward players with Tenka Medals
- Gold (天金,Gilt )
- Tenka Medals rain. Additional Tenka Medals can be acquired by defeating enemies.
- Stages with Roulette camps/troops will have a breakable green box, which when broken will affect the colors of the next roulette wheel depending on the contents of the box. Red/Blank arrow from the box will change all non-gold colors to red/black. Gold arrow from box will change all sections of the roulette to gold. Purple arrow will increase the skull sections in the roulette.
- Tenka Medals can be traded in the shop for various items from four categories: Costumes, Weapons, Techniques, and Speech. There are 167 rewards in total.
- Skills gained from Tenka Medal rewards are activated with L1+Square.
- When importing save data, characters already level 50 or higher will already have these skill revisions unlocked.
For the first time in the series, characters will be able to change their element with the use of special weapons.
So far, all of the weapons revealed are DLC:
- 'Ice Dragon' changes Date Masamune's element to ice.
- Light Tiger Claws' changes Sanada Yukimura's element to light.
- 'Sacred Blade: Mourning' changes Ishida Mitsunari's element to kan.
- 'Mikawa Tanuki' changes Tokugawa Ieyasu's element to wind.
- 'Light Of Death And Rebirth' changes Ashikaga Yoshiteru's element to light.
- 'Lows/Highs' changes Shima Sakon's element to fire.
- 'Cat Paws to Suit the Lovely Me' changes Kyōgoku Maria's element to light.
- 'Neckchopper' changes Shibata Katsuie's element to darkness.
Sengoku Creation: Extreme
Carrying over from the prior title is Sengoku Creation Mode, with 32 new stories in addition to those in Sengoku BASARA 4. Of those, eight will be creation (normal) routes for the eight characters new to Sumeragi.
Other new routes:
- Ashikaga Yoshiteru
- Fūma Kotarō
- Honda Tadakatsu
- Katakura Kojūrō
- Kobayakawa Hideaki
- Kuroda Kanbei
- Kyōgoku Maria
- Maeda Toshiie
- Mogami Yoshiaki
- Ōtani Yoshitsugu
- Sarutobi Sasuke
- Sen no Rikyū
- Shimazu Yoshihiro
- Tachibana Muneshige
- Takeda Shingen
- Uesugi Kenshin
- Chōsokabe Motochika
- Date Masamune
- Ishida Mitsunari
- Mōri Motonari
- Sanada Yukimura
- Tokugawa Ieyasu
Note: All costume and music DLC previously purchased for Sengoku BASARA 4 will have to be re-downloaded before it can be used for this title.
- Opening Theme: "DOUBLE-DEAL" by T.M.Revolution
- Ending Theme: "Heavenly Blue" by Chiaki Ishikawa
- Official Website (Japanese)